Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful...


Good Evening!
James and I  walked up the hill this morning around 8am to go to church! We've enjoyed each others company and enjoyed meeting with our brothers and sisters in Christ today and worship our LORD JESUS together today!
This is something we take for granted. I guess we know that in other parts of the world today Christians were tortured and some even put to death for praising JESUS as their Savior!

This walking up the hill each day right now makes me realize until we look situations like these in the face we don't take them very seriously! James and I have gotten some forced exercise the past week or so each time we get ready to leave the house we have to plan around the rain, the mud, the kind of clothing we wear, planning for that 300 meter trek up the mountain! You don't wear heels and you make sure you don't forget anything of utmost importance, because if you do, you'd have to walk that 300 meters again! Now 300 meters is about the equivalent of 300 yards, not very far but steep doesn't even do it justice!

So when I think of our brothers and sisters in other places who are going through severe trials for their faith and knowing they stand fast for JESUS, why would I complain! Why is a little walk in the mud every time I leave my home to go somewhere a hard thing!
I am thankful to have that van at the top of the hill when I walk up, I can get in a drive on from there! My health allows me to walk, maybe this is GODS way of telling me I'm ok, maybe I need to get in better shape, what I am going through right now is nothing compared to HIS glory! I will always try to be thankful in every situation, and live the rest of my life to glorify JESUS my LORD!


JESUS BLESS YOU! Franklin Evelyn Mary & James

No comments: